As an Educator I have had over 15 years of teaching experience, working with a wide range of students in both age and background. I am passionate about creating safe learning environments for students to learn new skills in creative and innovative ways. Through the variety of classrooms and individual coaching I have worked in, I strive to find imaginative ways to help students from acting and non-acting backgrounds explore the ways that creativity, imagination, movement, and acting skills can help us learn to practice skills that help us become more effective communicators and imaginative problem solvers. Some of my workshop and teaching experiences have included:
- Facilitating groups on a Ropes Course helping to create full day and half day events that build Team Work and Problem Solving Skills.
- Working as a Standardized Patient and Training Team Member for the University of Pittsburgh's Medical School. Through this role as a standardized patient I take on the role of various patients and allow students to practice their communication skills and then provide feedback as the patient. As a training team member I help train fellow standardized patients on effective feedback skills and creating realistic patient portrayals.
- Teaching college students introductory communication and speech courses using theater skills to help them learn to present with greater confidence.
- Leading movement workshops for a Philosophy Class integrating movement and acting ideas into ideas about learning and movement as an avenue of knowing and healing.
- Coaching Individuals who are looking to improve their communication skills when English is not their first language, using acting techniques to help individuals grow in confidence and comfortability communicating in English.
- Teaching Acting to individuals and groups from young children to adults.
If you are interested in having me lead a workshop for your group or interested in brainstorming ways I can help integrate performance and the arts into your school, work, educational setting, or team building event contact me with some of your ideas and we can discuss further details.